Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Another Week!

I can't believe it has been a whole week since I last posted! To my regular readers, I apologize, and I will not leave you hanging this long again! I promise.
What has been going on?
Well, lots actually.

This past weekend was Memorial Day weekend, which is always great because it gives me an extra day to just hang out. And hang out I did! Saturday was jam-packed with graduation parties (Congrats to my friends, Kami, Derek, and my cousin Amelie!!), and of course I have to send big HAPPY BIRTHDAY wishes to my Dad, and my daughter-from-another-mother, Amanda-Panda. I loved celebrating with all of you!
For those that graduated from high school, I was honored to be able to share this right of passage with you. I wish nothing but the best for you, and I hope that you understand college is not just one big party. You will get out of it, what you put into it. Give it your best.

I shared in another right of passage this weekend. My daughter, Mac, shaved her legs for the first time. She is 11 and going into middle school, so she figures that all middle school girls do it, so she had better to, so as not to be called "gorilla girl" by her peers. I think she just really wanted to try it out. She did pretty good. You go, baby girl!

Tyler spent part of Sunday in the ER. He had been at show choir practice (www.cedarrapidsperformancecompany.com), and was on a break. He was climbing on the monkey bars at a nearby park and when she went to hang by his knees, he smacked his head on the bars. OUCH! That earned him a nice goose-egg, and a nasty bruise. He garnered neck X-Rays for his effort, and some time at the hospital. Then, home, and Tylenol. What a way to spend the day!! Poor kid! LOOK WHERE YOU ARE SWINGING NEXT TIME! I love ya.

Back to work today. Its Tuesday, but feels like a Monday (see previous post about Mondays).

Don't you hate it when there is that one person at work that really gets under your skin? Well, I have one of those people. They (I will not be gender specific here to protect the identity of the subject -- actually, its to protect myself thank you very much) are making me crazy. I hate it when someone asks me a question, and when I provide an answer, they dump all over it, like it was stupid or something. I guess I figure, if you know the answer, don't freakin ask me! Its really pretty simple! That's better. This individual is really a nice person. I just wonder if they think that they know everything and they are just testing me, or they just can't accept that my way just might be better than theirs. Oh well. I will probably never know.

How is the weight loss going? Honestly, I don't know. I didn't weigh myself today (chicken), but I will tomorrow and report back. Lets hope for a nice loss!!

Love to all. See/Read you tomorrow!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sounds like you had a wonderful time...it was really nice going through your post...thanks for sharing this wonderful post with us!!!!

Cara Jo said...

Robert...

Thank you for leaving your comment! I tried to see how to leave one on your blog, but couldn't find a link! I enjoy yours as well! E-Cards are fabulous!
Take care and come back soon! You will have to read some of the archived posts!

Thanks again!
Cara