Wednesday, January 2, 2008

One Step Closer

Well, I made it through my first day on Weight Watchers and I did not fall off the wagon. Whew! If I can just take this one day at a time, I'll make it!

I bought myself a little treat; a new organizer for the new year. Now, if I can motivate myself to use it, I should become the most organized mom ever! I have the hardest time remembering when appointments are, when to get the kids where they need to go, etc. It's kind of embarassing. I'm nearing the age of - yeah well, you know - you would think that I'd have it together!

The weather is turning really cold. Bitterly cold, even. I have this little Weather Channel icon on my computer to give me the live temp - it says 0 right now. I'm sure the wind chill brings it down much further -- C'mon Joe! Tell us it's going to warm up! Actually, I had heard that we would have a heat wave this weekend - It might make it to 40 degrees and melt off all this snow. Of course, it is supposed to rain too so if the temps don't warm up, we are going to have a big, icy mess.

Motivation: a size Large NIKE spandex tank hanging on the back of my door. Now THAT would be awesome! Maybe I'll get even closer by my birthday in May...
Short term goal: Lose my first 10% (10% of my body weight = 24 lbs) by Valentine's Day.

No comments: