Sunday, September 28, 2008

Drama Drama Drama


Neuroses run in my family; especially in the women. My grandmother, mother, aunts, sisters, we all have our quirks. For me, it is my capacity for drama. Not the drama that we see on TV, or in the movies, but the drama that we create for ourselves. The drama that causes reaction and over-reaction to certain situations. For instance...

I read over my post from yesterday. Some would read that and say, "OK, now that woman has issues!" Others who know me would say, "It is just Cara being Cara, and we love her for her honesty." Yeah, right. I have become my mother. I think it is inevitable. Women become their mothers, men become their fathers (well, not always). I catch myself talking like her, acting like her. The kids will say, "Mom, you said that just like Grandma, and it scared me!" It "scares" them? But they love my mother!
I love her too. If they want to compare me to her, that is the best compliment ever.

I am a little more sane today. Not so dramatic, not so much self-induced stress. Actually, I feel pretty decent aside from some nagging back pain...

Might have to get that looked at.

No comments: