Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October 1st...Fall is Upon Us...




When I woke up this morning, it was about 45 degrees! Honestly - I love this weather. I love it when the air gets colder, the leaves start to turn, and there is that unmistakable fall-like smell in the air - Larry says that it is the smell of decomposing plant material. Thanks for that, Larry.
Really, it is beautiful. It reminds me of why I still live here and haven't moved somewhere more appealing (meaning: warmer; no snow). I love the change in the seasons; real change. I look forward to each one, and for different reasons.

Fall: Because of the cool days, cooler nights, extra blankets, and the crisp air
Winter: The snow...playing in it with the dog and the kids; the holidays; Tyler and Mac's birthdays.
Spring: Everything comes alive again. Still not too hot; flowers are blooming, and the grass gets really really green.
Summer: Hot days; show choir, and picnics.

Oh...I forgot one! Fall because it is football season! Which reminds me, Tyler went to the homecoming parade tonight! The game is Friday (WIN COUGARS!) and the dance is Saturday. I cannot believe that my little boy is big enough to go to a high school dance! I'll have to post some pictures here later in the weekend.

What about you? Which season is YOUR favorite? Why do you love it like you do? Tell me!
There is a Comment option at the bottom of the page. USE IT, PLEASE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fall is my favorite for the same reasons, with the addition of tailgating, hot chocolate, and the occasional hot toddy.