Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Weight Loss War

I have heard it called many things; my "Weight Loss Journey," the "Way to a more healthy life," a "lifestyle change." The truth of the matter is, me vs. my weight is an out and out WAR! The weapon is my will power (or lack thereof), and the prize is never having to shop at Lane Giant-oops!-Lane Bryant ever again. Don't get me wrong - they have great jeans, but that is not today's topic.

Recently, the company I work for brought in Weight Watchers @ Work. Personally, I have been through the Weight Watchers program about 1-2-3---four times now. One thing I know for sure is that IT WORKS, if I work IT. Having once a week meetings at work is great on so many levels that I don't have time to list them all, but primarily because with so many of us struggling for the same outcome, there is no lack of support. In our last meeting, I stated matter-of-factly, that I loved having our meetings at work because I work with these people! I see them every day, and they see me! They will KNOW if I eat McDonald's for lunch (unless I sit in the parking lot...) or not! I'm not as young as I was the first time I tried Weight Watchers and by the slow movement of the scale, it shows. But that is ok. When I began 7 weeks ago, I tipped the scales at (are you sitting down? of course..you are at your computer) 244.8 lbs!!! That is way more than any woman all of 5'2" should ever weigh! In fact, I should way half of that!!! So....
At weigh in Week 7, I am a svelte 238.8! I am down 6 whole lbs in 7 weeks. While that is a respectable amount of weight to lose over that period of time, I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed. But, I will carry on. I will count my points (all 28 of them), if I bite it, I'll write it, and I will not skip weigh ins if I feel I had a bad week. I must stand and take it like the warrior woman that I am!
In addition to weighing in, attending meetings, fighting back tears of shame, and celebrating every .1 lb I lose, I will continue to publicize my progress here on the World Wide Web in the hopes that it will inspire others to get with the program (whatever that might be for you), get off your butt, and lose that baby weight that didn't come off after your last child (who is now 12-oh wait...that's me!).

My next goal is 233.8 lbs. Stick around and see how long it takes...well, you might want to take a walk - I think it's going to be awhile. :-)

READY! AIM! FIRE!

WE ARE AT WAR!

No comments: