Saturday, July 5, 2008

My Fireworks Part II

In all of my self-centered fuming, I forgot to mention how much fun we had last night! The 4th of July isn't truly the 4th of July unless it is spent with friends; people you love. That is what I think I have enjoyed the most about my kids being involved in CRPC each summer - the number of people I have met, and the great friendships that have grown as a result.

We spent last night with Russ & Melissa, Joe & Terrie, and others; lots of kids, food, games, and a lot of just sitting around talking. Karen and Amanda came too, making it that much more fun; and Tyler even brought along his "girlfriend," Victoria (this has to be some kind of summer crush thing, after all they are too young....blah blah blah).

I have decided to hang up my ping pong paddle for good after today. I was nicely beaten big-time by Joe - thanks for the embarrassment, Buddy! Maybe someday when I'm more focused, there will be a rematch and then - YOU ARE GOING DOWN! :-)

Fireworks provided the best ending; watched from a lawn chair on the golf course. Granted, the fireworks were a ways off, but still beautiful just the same. We did get a few pictures. It was a nice night, not too hot, not too many bugs. I love my friends. I feel so fortunate to have them around me. Especially in these uncertain times.

Oh before I forget -- Terrie, what color WAS that grasshopper? :-)

No comments: